First Post.

    Linux. Synthesizers. Single Board Computers. IOT. Illustration. Space. Pretty sexy stuff right? I Spent the better part of my life focused on doing all the wrong things, and I completely neglected all of the things that truly make me happy. So I'm trying to change that now, and this is one of those changes. Basically I am going to document and discuss my process as I work on a bunch of projects in the aforementioned fields. I am NOT an experienced maker, or an electrical engineer, or a coder; but I pretend to be on the weekends! So anything you attempt to replicate I put up here, is at your on risk! I am literally learning something new on every build at this point, so hopefully my novice perspective will be helpful for both new makers, and those seeking a way to convey this information to someone like me. I bought a soldering iron at the end of April 2022, and now my life is a complete mess of components, pcbs, and a fair helping of good ol' frustration! 

    Coming up I plan on cramming in a ton of projects and some oddball stuff here and there that will pertain to the more artistic endeavors in my life. I am an artist first, and now I am finally catering to my inner engineer. Upcoming projects include... 

- Arch Linux for Risc-V, a how to guide to running the Arch Installer on d1 boards for complete novices like myself. I figured it out, but it was intimidating, so maybe this can offset that.

- LMN3 Daw, Preston Stone's "Open Source OP-1", has really got my number, so i'm building a couple for my son and a couple buddies

- BlakRpi(Morpheans, France))/Mango Pi Project

- Cyber Decks! I've been on a kick recently buying old clamshells and funky old controllers, screens, and keyboards. I have a couple pcbs, and cases. So I am trying to Frankenstein a couple together soon.

-PiperDeck, On the Cyberdeck theme, I am designing a tablet/pc and various peripherals for my two year old. I will be utilizing a Banana Pi M5 recently gifted to me from my SinoVoip, and making accessories that grow with my daughter to transistion from play/learning to traditional computing/stem education

-Print Server for my son's dead MODT 3d printer

-More little synth projects than you can shake a stick at! Noisemakers, eurorack, ciat-londbarde, and more! All the way up to a couple of really involved build like the Crowminius and x0xb0x. 

-Some little robotics and IOT projects that I'll be working on with my kids.

    Hopefully this laundry list contains something people find interesting! Bare with my while I get my stride here; words are something I frequently founder on, so your patience is appreciated. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see, and i'll do my best! Okay. I think that's enough introduction. Later Gators.

-m

Comments